Sunday, July 18, 2010

Dream diary, this has become

Woke up from a strange dream...

I was getting ready to go to a talk Hank Green was having at our City Hall, part of the way there I realised it was in Moses Lake, not here, so I turned around and went the other way to walk to the right place (you can't walk to Moses from here in ten minutes, it's half hour drive.)

I get there and I'm late , the security guard eyes me strangely and lets me in, as I get to the door of the auditorium, I can tell I'm late because Hank has just returned to the microphone after thanking Tom Milsom for talking. I was annoyed I missed Tom, but told myself I'd come to see Hank, and he was performing later anyway.

As I walk to a seat (the auditorium was quite empty :() Tom, several other people are staring at me, I look down and realize why. I have only BRIGHT neon fuschia boxer-briefs on. I turn red and sit down and try to cover my legs with two jackets I brought (which just "appeared", in the dream it was a hot sunny day.)

Eddplant is there, as well as three others off you tube (supposedly) in the dream I knew who they were, but they weren't in the right human form.
Then the dream skips to later, walking around the outside of the building in the evening(through a throng of people, it's also changed to a large city) with a friend named Ben (I have no friends named Ben IRL) who says "We'll find it, Tom knows where it is." at that point Tom materializes out of the crowd, and says "It's this way." we start to follow him and Ben claps me on the shoulder. I politely but firmly ask him to remove his hand, and Tom says "but he's just being friendly!" to which I replied (in a scathing tone) "I've known Ben longer than YOU Tom."

Then everyone disappears, and I'm at the backdoor of the concert hall, trying to ask which stage Tom will be on, no one seems to know. (I know which number it is, but the map has them labeled with names).

I finally figure it out and spy Becks, and we both run in to see him (we are late).
When we get in there are two stages, we can see Tom playing , but can't hear him, I start to go further towards the stage and then I can hear him - and I turn around to tell Becks, and she is looking like I disappeared, and I try to grab her hand to pull her towards me and it goes through hers, (like you see in all ghost movies) but Becks can't. Then the stage stops completely, Tom frozen mid-meow.

The entire room shifts (like ripples in water) and the other stage lights up and Tom comes out on that one alone, with one spotlight and sits on a stool, and Becks gets excited, I walk towards her and she says "Where'd you go! He's here!" and points excitedly.
The "second" Tom pulls out a blue ukulele and begins with Bureau De Change, yet it seems we are the only two in the theatre.

This Tom also stops right before he goes to tell us why it sounds funny to our uncultured ear. I hear a voices coming from far away getting closer and then the theatre starts filling with people, not coming in, but appearing already in their seats, in conversation. Becks is gone.

The first Tom disappears, and the stage has the road crew on it, setting up microphones and a drum set.

A vortex at the other side of the theater catches my attention (by the door we came in) it lights up and then disappears. When I turn back the second Tom is also gone. And Becks is calling me over to my seat.

I read too much Steven King, and watch too much sci-fi, and listen to too much Tom Milsom. *sigh*

(can there be too much of these things? ;P)

No comments: